Dani Brake, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Scholar
Applied and Computational Mathematics and Statistics
University of Notre Dame
Hayes Healey 146
Notre Dame, IN 46556
daniel the brake gmail com
- Come to the conference celebrating the work of Charles Wampler, which I am organizing with Jon Hauenstein, Dan Bates, and Andrew Sommese.
- I invite you to peruse my gallery of 3d printed algebraic surfaces.
- Please check out my work blog.
- Read some of my preprints and presentations.
- Visit the page for the course I am teaching Spring 2017, Advanced Scientific Computing.
- Numerical algebraic geometry
- Real algebraic geometry and tropical geometry
- Numerical analysis
- Visualization of data
- Parallel programming
- C++, Matlab and Python
- Generation of data through computer programming and simulation
- 3D printing
Other ways to learn about me
I do cosplay, often with my fabulous wife, Alyssa!
My favorite genres are steampunk and anime. Here's a photo from our engagement shoot, December 2012.
photo credit: April O'Hare Photography